Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tofu JD

Sadly, Vegan Dad isn't blogging anymore, but he was kind enough to leave his blog up with all of the lovely posts and recipes. While surfing around for something to make for dinner, I happened upon this. I had all the ingredients and it sounded super easy, so my dinner dilemma was solved.


Looks good, eh? It was extremely tasty. How could it not be? Um...hello! It has Jack Daniels in the sauce. 
I served this up with some good ol' garlic mashed potatoes and to contrast the spiciness of the sauce, sugar snap peas. 


These are naturally sweet and really don't require much cooking or seasoning. They are best done very simply. These I sauteed in a little broth with some scallions. After about 3 or 4 minutes, I threw in some chopped fresh dill. A squeeze of fresh lemon juice at the end  finishes it nicely. 

2 comments:

  1. I could easily eat that whole plateful of snap peas. They're such a treat when they're that fresh, plump, and sweet, so the simple herbal accent sounds like the perfect way to highlight their natural flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic. A little kick in the sauce never hurt anyone.

    ReplyDelete